Recently upgraded your PC to Windows 10? Emails now stuck in your Outlook outbox? You’re probably not alone.
Since upgrading to Windows 10 we’ve had some customers report that their Outlook email client has suddenly decided to stop sending emails, with an error along the lines of:
“Sending’ reported error (0x800CCC13): ‘Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem’”
It’s quite likely that no amount of SMTP settings checking, modifying or send/receive tests will correct this as it’s actually Windows itself that is causing the problem, not human error. And although it’s not yet known what exactly is causing it, it can happen with any version of Outlook.
Try the following steps and see if it corrects the problem for you:
- Right click on the Start button of Windows
- Choose ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’
- Type ‘sfc /scannow’
- Wait until the scan has finished (this will take approximately 20 mins depending on the speed of your hard drive)
- Once finished reboot the pc before doing anything else (IMPORTANT!)
- Once rebooted open Outlook and try sending an email
Hey presto you should find everything is back to normal!